GROWING AMARYLLIS INDOORS
Height of plant: 2 feet Exposure: Bright light
- Plant bulbs in pots that are one inch wider than the bulb. The pot should have a drainage hole in the bottom. The top 1/3 of the bulb should be above the soil line. Use BLACK GOLD potting mix, which is a very well balanced soil.
- Plants like to stay on the dry side until foliage begins to show. As the plant grows it’s foliage and the soil should be kept moist.
- Rotate pot so stem of plant does not lean towards the light.
- After flower buds form, feed every 2 weeks with SCHULTZ BLOOM PLUS, 10-60-10.
- Cut off faded flower and seed pods. Continue to feed and water. Let the plant’s foliage dry out and die back before you cut it off. (It will restore its necessary energy for reblooming) Keep the bulb dry until 2nd week of November and begin cycle again.
GROWING AMARYLLIS OUTDOORS
If growing amaryllis outdoors, the soil must be well draining soil and high in organic matter. Put in a protected location so it won’t freeze. Exposure should be filtered shade or morning sun.